Tuesday, January 26, 2016

TREAT YOURSELF!!

Last year around this time, I treated myself to see Sam Smith in concert.  I knew he was coming in town, and got SUPER excited when I looked into tickets.  I bought a ticket right away before even asking anyone if they wanted to come with me.  Before you knew it, the show was sold out.  I figured I'll just go by myself.  I've never done anything like that before, and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!  I decided at that moment that no matter what, I would treat myself once a month to do something that I wanted to do.  It was part of my New Year's Resolution for 2015.
The following month the movie 50 Shades of Grey came out, and me and my girlfriend went as each other's dates on Valentine's Day.  lol.  We were both going through a tough time.  My mom's husband was nearing the end of his terminal illness.  Despite our current situations, me and my girlfriend still wanted romance in our lives.  We had a good time and met up with some friends afterwards for drinks.  I checked off February's treat with a sexy movie.
My mom's husband passed away towards the end of February and then she went into a depression.  It was a hard time for all of us.  I completely forgot about myself and was consumed with my mom's well being.  Before you knew it, months passed by and it was nearing my birthday.  I was starting to feel hopeful again, and booked my trip to Paris and Italy without even thinking about it.  I knew I wanted to leave asap, but in the meantime, I still had to go through the summer before my big trip came up.  I took up softball at my firm's league, and then took some dance lessons afterwards to kill some time.  I spent last summer getting to know myself again. 
Coming back from my trip, I got carried away with birthday parties and mingling, but completely stopped my treats-to-myself.  Now that it's 2016, I want to continue my little tradition of taking myself out again.  I can't wait to line up some activities for the year!  I'm getting excited again just thinking about it...
After spending New Year's Eve in the suburbs, my dad wanted me and my brothers to come by again for dinner at his house.  It was Friday night again, and I couldn't agree more on spending it with family this time.  I'm worried about my dad and his finances.  He's 70 years old and still working 2 jobs.  He told us this is the year he will cut back on work but it breaks my heart he won't slow down.  He seems physically and mentally fine, but there has been troubles at home which makes me wonder if he's purposely overworking himself.  I've been so busy checking in on my mom that I forget to see how my dad is doing.  No matter how well you're doing, don't get too selfish to reach out to others.  Sometimes all they need is to have someone hear them out.  It makes a world of a difference plus you could offer them insight on their troubles. 
Happiness is seeing my family happy...
My Dad's wife made pozole!  A Mexican traditional dish used for special occasions.  It's perfect on a cold, January night!

The garnishes for pozole!
The hardest working man I know.  He just won't stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment