Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Cheetos Birthday Cake!

Due to the increase of social activities I participated last month, I will be low key during the month of January (or much longer for that matter.)  I had finally finished my book “Declutter Your Mind:  How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking”.  I was upset with myself for not finishing it up much sooner since I got this book back in October.  It should not have taken me so long to read it, but I wanted to make sure I read the passages thoroughly.  What I enjoyed about this book is towards the back, there are a list of words that you have to jot down according to what values you associate with.  You have to go over the lists a couple of times to narrow it down to 5-10 words pertaining to your personal life and work life.  It was interesting for me to see what key words I thought were more important than others.  In the end, the goal was to have a mission statement that applies to both areas.  I’m hoping to tweak these statements, and I’ve already purchased a 2019 planner to set my goals in a 3 month grace period.  According to the book, it’s easier setting shorter goals because they will lead up to the bigger goals, and I already know what it is.  I’m excited to try these ideas!  Hopefully this will be a good structure for me to follow.  
Following our holiday party on Thursday, my friend’s birthday party was being held at her place that Friday.  It was a crazy weekend, now that I look back on it.  I had some time off to take from work, so I cleaned up the apartment for the most of the day.  My friends picked me up and we went to a nearby Colombian restaurant to pick up an order I had placed for the party.  It was nice getting everyone together.  My friend looked so happy.  Her boyfriend surprised her with a birthday cake topped with Cheetos!  I’ve never seen anything like it before!






No comments:

Post a Comment