Monday, January 7, 2019

Holiday Party 2018

Hello everyone and happy new year!  So far this 2019 has been a bit sad for me.  I went to my first funeral of the year on Saturday and it was awful.  I’m pretty sensitive already so I knew this was going to bother me a bit.  I kept it low key on Friday, went to the funeral on Saturday, and on Sunday saw my friends for Three Kings Day.  That part was nice.  Sometimes moments like this makes you want to reach out to your loved ones.  I hate the fact that this happened right after the holidays.  This family is hurting so badly…
I’m finally on December events and I want to get that going so I won’t fall back behind like I usually do.  I’m trying to work on this I promise!  Our holiday work party was being held at Buddy Guy’s Legends and we were excited!  This blues bar has been a Chicago staple for many years.  I knew we were going to have a blast when we got there.  Our usual trolley ride lead us down Jackson avenue, but then we noticed some police activity on State Street.  Someone onboard decided to look into and found out there was a shooting on the Blue Line tunnel underneath.  Me and a coworker were distraught because that’s our line to go home.  This put a damper on our evening.  We couldn’t help wonder what had happened.  When something like that occurs in the city, they shut down the transit line so the police could investigate.  Me and my coworker knew we had no choice but to enjoy our time out at the party until the city decides to open the transit line again.
The music was putting everyone in a good mood.  Me and my coworkers enjoyed our buffet and they even had prizes raffled off.  At one point my co-worker checked into the Blue Line and the line had opened up.  It was now 8pm.  Pretty early for me, but since it spooked us both, we decided to ride home together.  So much for staying longer at the holiday party…








No comments:

Post a Comment