Tuesday, March 6, 2018

This year’s Valentine-Gift-to-Myself


As I mentioned earlier, I am going back to Europe soon.  This trip in particular came out of nowhere.  I have a chance to see my friend for a few days, and I have a voucher I need to use by the end of the year.  I saw a good flight and booked it.
But on Valentine’s Day, I booked another trip to Italy to see my friend again.  This trip is more exciting because others will join us in Rome.  It will be our little group of former Chicagoans (since everyone moved out of the city except me).  For the past few trips I did some solo traveling, but this time I will be in the company of good friends.  I’m very excited!!  I can’t wait to see everyone!

Since I’ve started this tradition for myself, I have learned that being selfish is not always a bad thing.  I am pretty modest for the most part, but because I choose not to fuss over myself, I forget that I DO need to take care of me from time to time.  Pure joy is what makes us feel alive, and sometimes we get caught up with our responsibilities that we neglect ourselves.  It’s important to wake up and connect with what makes us happy, or else all we would be doing is working and paying bills.    

No comments:

Post a Comment