Thursday, March 8, 2018

Allons en ville!

I’m still recapping February’s events!  We’re still experiencing frigid weather here in Chicago, and most of the East coast are getting snow.  So technically, winter is going strong.  Lol.
The last weekend in February was pretty crazy.  I knew I should rest up because me and my friends were going to throw a baby shower for someone.  But that didn’t stop me from stepping out on the town.  Saturday morningme and the girls got together for brunch to discuss the details of the shower.  We quickly picked up a few things to make sure we had everything we needed.  The shower was being held on Sunday, so we were crunched for time.  I knew some friends were in town from North Carolina and they wanted to meet up in the evening for dinner.  I told them I would skip dinner since I had brunch earlier.  I’m a light eater and eating out twice would not benefit my tummy.  I worked out after hanging with the girls and then got ready. 


Brunch at Dapper’s East

I met up with everyone at Sunda.  My out-of-town-friends really love that restaurant and always try to book a reservation whenever they’re in Chicago.  I had my cocktails and caught up with them afterwards.  I knew it was supposed to rain and was skeptical about going out at all, but here I was.  Sure enough, it started to pour while we were inside.  WHEW!  But of course, the rain wouldn’t give up, and we grew tired of sitting around.  We decided to try to go to a wine bar around the corner.  I was being a baby because I had on my black suede ankle boots.  Suede and rain don’t mix, but luckily it wasn’t raining heavily as it was earlier.






We settled at Public House for a round of drinks.  Since we didn’t know what to do next, we decided to go to their favorite nightclub Disco.  They were hoping to bar hop for a bit but the weather was too annoying to walk in the rain.
Luckily, we got in right away and headed upstairs.  Disco is a lot of fun and my out-of-town-friends absolutely love it.  We practically closed the place down before heading to an afterhours spot.  I probably should have been home hours earlier but I ended up checking in at 6am!  YIKES! 




No comments:

Post a Comment