Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Chus & Ceballos at Soundbar

The easiest way to beat the winter blues for me is through music.  Since I love dance music so much, I always get excited if I hear that a good dj is in town.  On this particular Saturday, Chus and Ceballos were going to perform at Spybar.  I kept contemplating whether or not I should go.  Let’s face it, I’m getting older and I haven’t been able to stay up late even if I wanted to.  I knew I wanted to hear good music and I let my brother be the deciding factor to see if he would go with me.  He was excited so I bought the tickets on a whim.
Well it turns out, there was a pipe burst at Spybar.  That’s what happens in frigid weather.  Not to mention, I was unaware it was going to snow.  It snowed for a few hours, but enough to cause some accumulation of snow.  I grew frustrated because I wanted to change my mind and forget the whole thing.  But now I had the tickets.  I figured the show must go on!
Spybar made an announcement via Facebook that the show was going to be held across the street at Soundbar.  That sounded fishy to me since technically they will be squeezing two different parties in one club.  I knew me and my brother had to get there at a decent time.  
Sure enough, it was a mad house outside.  They had two different lines forming, but some people ignored them altogether and tried getting upfront.  I knew the drill so I didn’t mind waiting for a bit.  Luckily we waited patiently and the line kept moving.  We were inside!
We found the round room and got comfortable.  We saw some familiar faces and had a blast.  I miss dancing so much.  I know one day I would have to give up the nightlife but I love good music.  In the meantime, I’ll stretch this out as far as I can!





No comments:

Post a Comment