Tuesday, March 13, 2018

La Vie Sociale

I did it!!  I FINALLY caught up on my blog!!  This usually is a rare thing for me, but I’m proud to say I don’t mind being behind on my posts.  For one, it means I’m living my life and not wondering what’s going on with social media.  I do not want to be one of those people who are constantly posting away to “keep in the moment”.  I rather LIVE in the moment and reminisce later.  It’s a blessing to be able to look back and remember these sweet memories I have shared with my family and friends.  They mean the world to me!
With my trip coming up, I don’t have too much planned out.  This will be a first for me as well, but it’s mostly because I’ve been there before and saw most of my interests the first time around.  I’m hoping I get a chance to see other sides of Europe that I might have missed beforehand.  So much has changed in the world since I last was there and I’m curious how that will play out for me.
Over the weekend I got my seasonal haircut Friday after work, but I felt a migraine coming on.  Can you believe I had this migraine all weekend???  It woke me up early Saturday morning so I took something and proceeded to do my chores around the house.  I mostly did laundry and started packing once I ironed out my clothes.  I had a birthday dinner to attend to at 6:30pm, so I managed to squeeze in a workout.  At the gym is when my migraine resurfaced again.  I managed to finish my workout but had to rush home to get ready.  Unfortunately I never took anything that evening, but with all of the festivities going on, I tried to ignore it the best I could.
At the dinner at Emilio’s Tapas I caught up with friends and we were enjoying our night.  We ended up walking down the street to the Marriot Hotel so we could have some birthday cupcakes for dessert.  Of course, we didn’t want to go home yet.  We walked over to Broken Shaker for cocktails.  The waitress suggested we tried their punch bowl and we were glad that we did!  It satisfied all of us and we even had seconds!
Now that the party was JUST GETTING STARTED, we decided to go to our favorite club, Disco.  I was surprised that we walked over to that one too, but by the time we got in the club, my feet were beginning to hurt.  We managed to get at table to rest up but we couldn’t stop dancing!  The dj was playing oldies like New Order and Depeche Mode and we were having a blast.
I couldn’t believe we closed the club down.  Not to mention, it was Daylight Savings Weekend, so it was later than I thought.  It hit me then that I was done for the night.  The birthday girl had fun and I finally had enough.  I couldn’t wait to go home.
I really wanted to go to church in the morning, and I did.  But sure enough, my migraine was still lingering.  I took some Tylenol at home twice that day, and to my surprise, woke up with a huge migraine Monday morning.  I was a mess.  I did not feel well for the most part.  Today I’m mostly exhausted because I feel I never truly rested this past weekend.  Now that my trip is in a few days, my anxiety will kick in.  I think that’s why I’m glad I don’t have too much planned ahead.  I’m more concerned about my health if anything.
See ya when I come back!  The rest of this week I’m going to lay low by cleaning up my apartment and trying to squeeze as many workouts that I can.  Until next time!!













No comments:

Post a Comment