Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Aprés le noël soirée

Since the holidays fell on Monday and Tuesday, work resumed that Wednesday.  It was nice having a 3 day work-week.  My brother out of the blue texted me that my Dad’s wife wanted us to come over for dinner.  It wasn’t expected, but I figured I should go because I wanted to see my Dad.  Well it turns out that he wasn’t going to be at the dinner.  I was upset at first.  I had other errands to run and I made the exception on the hopes of seeing my father.  The next day I thought about it some more.  I told my brother in the future, I wouldn’t mind having dinner with my Dad’s wife but I couldn’t guarantee that I could make it to every one of them.  Sometimes the internal dynamics of blended-families gets complicated because you are not aware of who you should be devoted to.  It leaves me and my brothers confused and we sometimes hurt people’s feelings trying to figure out what to do.
That Friday I had dinner plans with my friend who was in town.  She was trying to get a group together and settled on Café Con Leche restaurant in Logan Square.  Some of her friends that showed up use to work together at a retail store that is no longer around anymore.  It seems that my friend was having a blast seeing everyone.  I need to visit her out at the East coast one of these days.








No comments:

Post a Comment