Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Santa Baby Bar

I can’t believe I’m recapping a Santa themed bar but here you go.  My friend wanted to celebrate her birthday earlier than later this year.  This Christmas-themed pop up bar was located in  Wrigleyville.  Our friend wanted us to dress in appropriate Christmas gear, so I brought along my goofy Gingerbread sweater to work to switch out afterwards.  I was the first one there, but right away I noticed a group of CHILDREN running around on the 2nd floor.  I almost spilled my glass of wine over one!  I think if I were to give them feedback, I would suggest having families show up earlier than later to the bar.  We ARE in Wrigleyville after all, and there are a string of back to back bars along the strip.  I wouldn’t consider it family oriented, but possibly provide hours of service earlier when there’s not too many people out for happy hour.  
The specialty cocktails were filled with whip cream and milk shakes.  I was worried about triggering my migraine, so I stuck to wine.  At one point, it switched to an open mic karaoke session and the singing was terrible!  Mostly because the participants were drunk out of their minds.  Lol.  I felt out of place here, but I think the birthday girl enjoyed herself.  She even wore a mini elf dress costume to her party which impressed everyone.









No comments:

Post a Comment