Friday, January 15, 2016

Overdue Debt PAID OFF!!

I finally did it!!  I paid off a huge debt that's been a thorn to my side today!!  I'm so relieved this day has finally arrived for me.  Once I noticed my low balance I knew I had to finish it off.  It became so customary for me to pay it every month I almost forgot it was going to end eventually.  I cannot express how important it was for me to do this on my own.  It was my responsibility after all, but I think sometimes people get the wrong idea on how to handle their debt.  It's time to own up to your mistakes and handle them head on.  If not, you'll never understand how you got there in the first place.

Back to December events!  The infamous holiday party arrived the following Friday.  Everyone at work were pretty excited.  I wore a sweater dress I won off ebay months ago.  I knew I could put it to use one day.  It's hard to dress for these things because it IS a work event after all, but it would be nice to wear something cute other than business casual.  Over the years I have worn a sweater and pencil skirt combo, as well as day dresses.  Since the holidays bring all types of social events to my calendar, I HATE shopping for myself because of the abundance amount of people in the stores.  That's why I'm an avid online shopper.  It's more practical to me because of the range of options available, not to mention, I can go by my price range.  Have to watch that budget!
This year our holiday party was being held at the Four Seasons hotel.  We usually have a trolley service take us to our events, and I love it!  Trolleys are so much fun!  Once we got there we made our way to our sectioned off area.  I enjoyed the buffet selections they prepared for us.  Sorry, but some places have to step up their game.  The menu included an Asian cuisine complete with pot stickers and eggrolls, to the usual mini sliders (they include mini hot dogs, too!), as well as healthier options such as sautéed jumbo shrimp and veggies.  Me and my co-worker friends sipped Prosecco and danced the night away to our very own dj.  We usually have a live band but this dj played a good range of music everyone enjoyed, plus he took requests!!  lol.  We had our reserved area until 9pm and as usual, wanted to take the party elsewhere.  We ended up at The Blue Frog for some karaoke.  We sang some songs and called it a night.  Luckily I went home afterwards because I noticed it was barely 11pm.  Still pretty early in my book considering it was a Friday night, but I was beat!   

LOVE ME A TROLLEY RIDE!
 
I love her navy lace shirtdress!

A bright red sweater for the holidays is always a hit!

They donned their Christmas sweaters to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment