Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Trying to keep up with the resolutions...

It's hump day already!  I'm surprised how fast this work week is moving.  Since I didn't start thinking about making some resolutions sooner, I'm getting anxious about the upcoming year.  I am trying to my best to budget, as well as pay off a HUGE debt that took me almost 10 years to pay off.  I'm getting to the end of it FINALLY, and until that is taken care of, I cannot make any plans.  It's frustrating because I have gotten the itch to spend.  There's clearance sales.  Friends are booking trips for Spring Break.  I have to wait.
I know patience is a virtue but I'm already restless.  I figured I can get my mind off things if I keep myself occupied with catching up on November events on my blog.  Here goes!
The first weekend I got a chance to go to dinner at Mia Restaurant and went to see Crookers perform at The Mid.  It was on a whim.  It was nice.  It was perfect.  Then Friday the 13th came.
I was at work when the news feed started popping up on the Paris attacks.  I still had an hour to go, so I barely glanced at what was going on.  I wanted to finish up my work and get out of there.  At first the headlines read possible terrorist attacks, but I never read up on it.  I left work and ran some errands.  By the time I got home, it was all over the news.  My heart sank.  I never knew the magnitude of what was happening.  It had disrupted an entire city into a state of panic.  Paris was under attack, and no one knew yet if it was officially over.  That weekend I stayed glued to my television.  My friend in Italy contacted me and we messaged each other for a bit that Saturday.  The whole world watched Paris unravel and we couldn't do a thing about it.  It was terrifying to see the images of dead bodies.  I felt so hopeless. 
During the next couple of days, the news completely focused on what was happening in Paris and in Belgium.  Looking back, some much has happened since then.  I don't know if I can ever be truly comfortable with the idea of traveling without wondering what if something like this happens again.  But since we too, have been hit with acts of terrorism after the Paris attacks, I am reminded it can happen in my own city as well.  We are not immune to the violence we can face anywhere.  What are we to do in the meantime?
Unfortunately, the answer still remains the same.  We continue to live our own lives, and pray that things will change; that things will get better.  It's not an easy thing to do.  I was invited to go to a birthday party the following week.  It fell on a Tuesday.  I had to take some days off since I accumulated so many days during the year from work.  I figured I could go to this party after all.  The birthday girl wanted everyone to meet up at Siena Tavern which was pretty quiet.  She had a private room towards the back where everyone was having dinner.  I skipped that part altogether.  We slowly made our way towards Parliament nightclub.  Since it was a week night, the club was partially closed off.  I was impressed by how many people did show up for the birthday girl.  She is well liked and it was nice that people came by for support.  Afterwards, we headed down the street to Time nightclub.  I knew I wasn't going to stay out long.  I was getting sleepy.  Regardless, I think the birthday girl had a blast, and that's all that counts!

I still have to get use to the man bun.  It's everywhere...


Me and the birthday girl!


At Time nightclub...

No comments:

Post a Comment