Friday, January 8, 2016

Thankful it's Friday!

We did it!  We survived the first official work week of the year!  I have to saw, it's been a tough week considering how slow it gets during the holidays.  Now that it's business as usual, I've been pretty sluggish.  I think it's because I took some days off during the holidays.  It made me lazy.  I'm hoping by next week I'll be back to my usual routine.  Not to mention, I've barely made it out to the gym this week.  Not a good way to start off making those resolutions.
While we're on the subject of resolutions, one of mine is to budget more carefully with my money this year.  I would like to build up my savings, plus trip book another trip.  I'm still working on when and where, but it's exciting thinking about all the possibilities!
When it comes to November, the obvious thing that comes up on everyone's mind is Thanksgiving.  It is definitely becoming one of my favorite holidays, mostly because it gets my family together.  Unfortunately, my family is not as close as I would like it to be, but this gives everyone a chance to catch up with one another.  My mom insisted that we had Thanksgiving at her house this year.  Over the years, my mom and my aunts usually discuss hosting duties, but my mom wanted to do things differently.  She was pretty emotional around this time, and I realized it was because it was a major holiday without her husband.  She just wanted me and my brothers with her and no one else.  I think everyone understood and left her alone on this.  She is still grieving.   It's ok if she wanted something more intimate.  She also reached out to our step brother to see if he would join us, and he did.  It was nice seeing him as well.  We haven't had the chance to see him much since his dad passed away. 
Regardless, my mom cooked up a mean turkey and we all had a blast.  I think my mom wanted to feel like a mom again and take care of us for a night.  There's nothing wrong with that.
I like my new bomber jacket.  Reminds me of the singer The Weeknd! 

I wore my burnt orange rag & bone jeggings.  They kind of match my carpet.  lol



 My step brother with my older brother.  Technically I'm the oldest but he's the one in charge..



My two brothers.  I'm the only girl in this household...


Me and my mom.  This was a tough time for her.  I hope she knows we're all here for her...




My mom in the kitchen.  Everything came out perfectly!

The table is all set!


Lucky is my mom and her husband's dog.  Even though I'm terribly allergic to him, I'm glad he's there keeping my mom company.  He's over 2 years old, but still a puppy.  He keeps my mom on her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment