Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Powerball Madness!!

Today the largest winning Powerball drawing will be taking place!  Of course that has everyone I know in a frenzy.  The thought of "what-if" is driving people to negotiate verbal agreements in case they win.  For me of course, I will take care of my family and friends right away.  Then off I go to take a trip around the world!  I might get lonely so I told my friend in Italy to get ready to pack so she can join me.  She's been my travel buddy for years.  A girl can only dream!  Regardless, I can see how people might get carried away when they do come in contact with a large amount of cash.  I guess the important thing to remember is that money DOES NOT buy happiness.  This is a fact.  I know people assume that once their debt is wiped clean their lives will be perfect.  First if you don't have an understanding on why you got into a financial mess in the first place, you will land right back there once more.  Hire a tax attorney to help you maintain your new winnings.  Second, as they say, more money, more problems.  You will get people (mostly acquaintances) who will come out of the woodworks asking for money.  You will get harassed.  And unfortunately, you will also lose some friends.  Some people might feel uncomfortable, or just get plain jealous of your good fortune.  That is something you cannot control.  Maybe you can try to work things out with your friend but this is something that THEY have to come to terms with.  Just giving you some pointers in case you win! 
Back to December events.  The next day after my friend's birthday at Masada, I had another birthday to attend to at the Green Door Tavern.  This one was a surprise birthday party.  I like those!  It always puts people in a awkward position, but I still feel they enjoy it regardless.  The girlfriend of the birthday boy invited everyone and we all helped with decorations before he walked in.  He was truly surprised.  The Green Door is an older bar located on Orleans street.  It was first established in 1921.  I love old Chicago.  It has a neighborhood bar feel to it, but it is surrounded by other modernized establishments.  You can feel the history inside with it's wooden interior.  With all the new and upcoming bars & restaurants that pop up every month, it's nice to go somewhere that you can feel relaxed and yet be close to the downtown scene if you want to hop around.  I had a nice time that night and I think the birthday boy did too!



I got my noise maker!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment