Tuesday, January 5, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

It's officially the first week back to work for everyone!  The funny thing is, yesterday was pretty quiet.  I'm wondering if  people weren't ready to come back from the holidays.  lol.  That's ok.  I caught up with my work, and believe it or not, I'm feeling pretty good about this week.  It's something about getting things done that can make someone feel productive.  Plus, me and my friends are trying to help one another with our new years resolution on saving money!  I think it's more helpful than doing it alone.
I hope everyone's holidays were filled with love and joy!  Me and my family celebrated Christmas Eve together and the next day I celebrated with my dad and his wife.  For New Year's Eve I kept it low key this year and went to a friend's house in the suburbs.  Over the years, the craziness of New Year's has wore me down.  I like to be surrounded with friends, not drunken strangers.  Regardless, I'm trying my best to finish recapping my 2015 year, and hopefully by the end of this month, I'll be up to date.  My main concern with trying to keep current is to improve on my writing and context of my blog.  Sometimes I feel rushed and worry that I'm not expressing myself.  Let's start with November events!
Back in the first weekend in November, I had dinner at Nia Restaurant back at Randolph street.  We had such a good time in that neighborhood 2 weeks earlier, we figured we'll try it again.  Nia is a Mediterranean tapas restaurant, with an intimate atmosphere.  I loved the fact that I was able to carry a conversation and not feel interrupted.  Some restaurants in River North feel more like a nightclub, but that was not the case here.  It was nice to catch up for a change!
Afterwards some friends notified us that they were going to be at The Mid down the street off Halsted.  We decided to join them to see Crookers play their set.  I miss dancing to good music!  Don't get me wrong, I like top 40 and pop music, but sometimes you want something grittier.  I had fun that night.
Bathroom selfie at Nia...


Wore a black silk top with some flare jeans and leopard pumps.  I'm glad flares are back!
Had a blast at The Mid for Crookers...

No comments:

Post a Comment