Thursday, January 14, 2016

Fake it Till You Make It

Ha!  So of course I didn't win the Powerball.  BUT that doesn't stop me from wanting to do the same things I would have done if I won.  I still want to pay off my debt and take care of my family and friends.  It may not be with money but there are other ways I can contribute.  My time, my companionship, my winning personality (lol).  Regardless, just because you wished for something so bad doesn't mean it can't come true.  Riches doesn't come in forms of money.  You can live the life you want by believing you have "that life" already.  If you try this little trick, you will notice the difference in the way you see things.  You will be grateful for what you have and will appreciate the people you share your time with.  Remember, tomorrow isn't always a guarantee.  That's a fact.  Make the most of your experiences, the good and the bad, and you will understand their purpose from a different perspective.
Now we continue with December events!  I usually get my "seasonal" haircut 4x a year.  My hairstylist jokes that he would like to see me more often than that, but in reality, my hair is thin enough as it is.  There's not much he can do to it to make it fuller anyway.  I've been blessed with no grays but the occasional strand here and there.  I have my mom's genes to thank for that.  But I also have my Dad's genes too.  He went bald pretty early in life and I fear my hair has been thinning lately too.  I don't have any patches yet but I know it will be a problem for me later on.  I always ask my hair stylist if I've gone bald yet but he says everything looks the same.  Maybe it's my imagination but I can't help it.  I know my hair was much fuller when I was younger. 
Regardless, I felt fabulous after my haircut.  I was his last client and it was a Saturday night.  My friends called me up and invited me out for drinks.  I figured why not since I was already out and about.  We met up in Wicker Park and walked over to Taus restaurant on Division.  I loved the fact that we made our way to the fireplace area.  It was nice and cozy plus we talked up a storm!  It was a perfect spot for us to tell stories about what we've been up to.  We ended up grabbing something to eat afterwards and the next thing you know, we were in River North heading towards Y bar.  lol.  It turned out to be one of those nights but we were having so much fun.  We finished up at Cuvee before I headed home.  I did not expect to be out all night considering I left the house earlier in the day for a haircut!  Luckily I wore a black tunic with my black fleece lined leggings and riding boots on my way out.  I'm going to have to pay more attention to what I put on in case I end up being out the rest of the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment