Thursday, January 28, 2016

One Year Already!!

The following week in January, things slowed down a bit.  I stayed in and the Golden Globes helped me get through Sunday.  I knew I had a one year old birthday party coming up the following weekend.  Not to mention, I was near the finish line to knock off my huge debt.  I wanted to stay on track with my budget.   I quickly finished up a short book I bought off ebay called "A Technique for Producing Ideas".  I like reading self-help and entrepreneurial books.  Sometimes you need an author to psyche you up!  Plus, I always feel the end results get your brain juices flowing with creativity.  If there's one thing I would take away from this book, is to "not make the mistake of holding your ideas" close to you. " Submit it to the criticism of the judicious."  Even if it's your passion, you NEED to express your ideals to other people and see what they think of them.  Don't take it as someone having the opportunity to be judgmental.  With a new set of eyes, they may see something you could have overlooked.  And if they do find something wrong, go back and fix it!  Trial and error are crucial in making ideas come to life. 
On the 15th my friend held her daughter's 1st birthday at Wonder Works Children's Museum in Oak Park.  I can't believe she had her little daughter one year ago this day!  It's unbelievable how time flies.  She is absolutely precious!!  It sometimes got a little chaotic with all the kids running around, so it helped that my friend rented out the whole place for her little girl.  I also got a chance to catch up with my other friends who became moms last year.  It's getting harder and harder for all of us to get together.  I told myself I will try my best to attend any celebrations I could so I could see how everyone's doing.  My social situation is changing now that they have all settled down.  Whether they know it or not, I still need them in my life but I am understanding how their lifestyles have changed. 
I was invited later on to catch a dj at Paris nightclub afterwards.  Me and my friend who lives downtown (and who is also about to have a baby herself) made our way towards the city.  We both stopped by the Hampton Social to catch up with another friend who was having dinner and drinks there.  We figured it will probably be the last time she could be out in general before she has her baby.  She only stayed out for 15 minutes, but at least she got her chance mingle.  I finished up there and made my way to Paris nightclub.  Luckily we didn't stay out that long.  I was exhausted since I did work that Friday.  It was pretty low key the rest of the weekend.  I thanked the frigid temperatures for that!  It helps make the decision to stay in worth it, plus be on top of your financial goals.
Wonder Work Children's Museum!

Check out that dessert table!
Add caption
This little one's birthday will be in May

The birthday girl herself!  She loves pizza!
She made a mess but she's happy!!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment