Thursday, January 7, 2016

Non-stop food fest!

As I mentioned yesterday about the Paris attacks, today unfortunately brought more sad news.  Another terrorism attempt happened in a police station.  A man with a knife was shot dead by police, but a note with an image of an ISIS flag was found on his body.  I pray that things will settle soon in Paris, and that no more acts of violence occur in the near future.  I truly believe this could be possible!
November was a strange month indeed since Friday the 13th.  Since then, our upcoming presidential elections have been focusing mostly on terrorism.  It has caused a trickle effect around the world, with other world leaders weighing in on what needs to be done.  I felt pretty hopeless during this time, mostly because I still have hopes in returning to Paris.  There's so much to see and I only experienced a fraction of what this beautiful city has to offer.  The holidays were slowly creeping up and we started getting a little bit of snow coming in.  It was a sad time but I knew I wanted to be close to my friends and family in the meantime. 
The following Friday after the attacks I had dinner at Shaw's Crab House.  This was nice because it was more toned down than the birthday party I had went to earlier in the week.  It was just what I needed to relax my nerves a bit.  I felt I was watching way too many news stories and I wanted to connect more one-on-one.  It was a chilled night with crab cakes and wine with oysters.  I felt a little better.

Sometimes a glass of red is all you need...
😛



The next day my friend was hosting a slava at her place in Skokie.  Her fiancé is Serbian, and this tradition celebrates the family's patron saint.  They hold a feast twice a year, one to celebrate the mother's family and vice versa.  Considering it was the weekend before Thanksgiving, I knew I was in trouble!  Everything was delish, and we stayed over for a couple of hours to catch up with one another.  I really needed to see my friends right now.  We joke around a lot and it was nice to laugh for a change. 




I got a chance to see my friend's baby!  Look!  We even dressed a like!
They enjoyed themselves as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment