Wednesday, August 5, 2015

March Madness Part 3

The best part of my March experience was definitely St. Patrick's Day Saturday.  Every year my girlfriend throws a fun house party at her place.  Since she was going to relocate to California soon, she wanted all her friends to come by for one last fiesta.  Last year on St. Patrick's weekend was when we got the diagnosis on my mother's husband.  He had been staying at the hospital for 2 weeks running tests, but at this point the doctors told us there was nothing they could do.  He was later released that following Monday.  I thought a lot about the past year and how long he held out for my mom.  It was over now, but my mother was having a hard time adjusting to life without him.  I missed all of my friends.  I wanted to see them so badly.  I had gone out for drinks earlier in the month, but felt so alienated.  I was getting depressed myself.  I wanted to snap out of this funk, and this was the day I chose to make that happen.  Of course, afterwards, I still had problems socially.  Looking back at it now, I'm glad I shared this day with my friends.  They truly make things easier dealing with tough times.  So much has happened since then with all of us.  Life has a way of showing you how much time flies.  It always moves forward, with or without you, so you might as well savor every minute of it!
My girlfriend had a baby back in January.  She decided to stop by with the baby!

Posing with the baby to celebrate her first St. Patrick's Day party!

Loved how we all decorated ourselves to celebrate! 

The host cooked a wonderful meal for us!  So yummy!  Btw I don't drink beer, hence the wine I picked up for myself along the way.



Finished up at the Charleston Inc bar.  It was a crazy night but I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment