Monday, August 17, 2015

A very special Mother's Day...

Happy Monday world!!  Sometimes I get the Monday Blues, but I try to fight off the funk with some positive vibes.  Think about it.  It's the start of a new work week.  Try to demolish your goals so you can sit back and praise the work you have done.  Any type of effort will increase your chances on getting stuff accomplished.  Right now for me personally, it's to finish up May's events on my blog.  lol
Back in May, me and my brothers tried to convince my mom to let us take her out for dinner on Mother's Day.  But she wasn't having it.  She really wanted us to come over instead.  My only problem with that is her overly-hyper dog.  I'm asthmatic and me and my brother are both allergic to her dog.  It would have been nice to not to meet at her house for a change so me and my brother could breathe properly.  Not to mention our time is always limited with our mom because we end up leaving early.  What can you do?  Despite us taking some Allegra for our allergies, it still doesn't eliminate the problem completely.  She also hates leaving the dog out in the yard.  He yelps too much, so she always caves and lets him in.
My asthma and allergies have had conflicts in my life through out the years.  Despite what people think, I had pets early in my life, although it would have been wise not to.  I would use my inhaler constantly.  I never "overcame" my asthma.  When I moved out of my mother's house with my first boyfriend, it didn't stop there.  One day he came home and brought home a dog.  A couple of months later, he brought home a cat.  Now I'm in my 20s and I STILL didn't overcome my asthma.  This was becoming a problem in my life and in my relationships.  When we finally broke up, he took our pets and I haven't had a pet since.
The problem with this is people are IN LOVE with their pets and they assume, I do not like animals because I won't get near them.  That is false, of course.  But since people look at their animals as part of the family, they cannot grasp the concept of locking their animals away whenever me and my brother come around.  I look like the bad guy. 
I wish my mom would have done the same for us, but she loves her dog so much and couldn't keep him outside while we were there.  So again, our home cooked meal was limited to an hour and a half before me and my brother's allergies got the best of us.  I think because my mom is still in mourning, she wasn't ready to face a crowded restaurant.  She just wanted to be home.  Come to think about it, she really doesn't go anywhere but her house and work.  I'm hoping we can take her out to dinner in a restaurant when her birthday comes around in September.  Let's pray that she'll let us!  It would be nice for her to get out and about once in a while. 
This mother's day was an emotional one for her, but at least we spent it together as a family.
WE LOVE OUR MOM!!!

She means so much to me.

My younger brother and my mom.  He is the only one who doesn't have a problem with her dog.  LUCKY!!

My "older" brother and my mom.  He is not asthmatic like me but has seasonal allergies as well as being allergic to pets.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment