Monday, August 10, 2015

March Madness Part 5

Looking back on March, I had many ups and downs.  My mom went back to work and was having a hard time adjusting.  Her doctor suggested she go see a therapist which made me feel horrible.  I was hoping she was handling things better.  After all, she did just lose her husband.  How else was she suppose to act?  But her everyday life was becoming a struggle to make it through the day.  She felt she had no purpose.  What was the point in anything now?  As much as it bothered me about her going to therapy, I had to put my thoughts aside and recognize that she did need this.  She needed to talk to someone who was better suited with depression, and they did prescribe her some medication.  I was hesitant about that as well, mostly because she is in her 60s and I did not like how she acted when she was on them.  She was not her normal self.  She was heavily medicated.  I cried every night as if I lost my mother for good.  Luckily they prescribed her medication short term, and eventually she grew tired of going all the way downtown for her sessions.  She quit therapy in a few short weeks.
Do I think she still needs therapy?  I'm not sure.  Yes, things are better now, mostly because time helped with that.  I try to call her every night to make sure she does not feel lonely.  My family has stepped up and tried to make sure they visit her as often as they can.  She keeps herself busy doing work around the house and keeping her dog company. 
Finishing up the month of March, I had yet ANOTHER birthday party to go to in the middle of the week.  I loved the fact that we had a good turn out.  It was nice to catch up to our friend who recently came back from Mexico with his girlfriend.  And then we celebrated my dad's birthday at his place.  His wife cooked a wonderful meal and we all had a good time.  Despite the loss we had with my mom's husband, we still have a father who was turning 70 years old!  We need to celebrate those precious moments with each other.  On Palm Sunday I went to church with my friends and we headed down to Chinatown to have brunch.  I felt blessed to have spent time with my loved ones...
Girl in the purple always arrives at the last minute.  Better late than never!

Happy birthday friend!


 

Happy birthday Pop!


Good times with the family...
Chinatown brunch for Palm Sunday!

I love my friend's family!  They always have a smile on their face!


No comments:

Post a Comment