Friday, August 21, 2015

The Chicago Blackhawks are in the playoffs!!

Ending my recap of May events, last but not least, was the blackhawks playoff' game at Timothy O'Toole's Pub.  We had a pretty solid group gather up together in what was a memorable night for all of us.  I wore my new Blackhawks t-shirt I bought at Target.  Since I'm a terrible Chicago sports fan, I joked to my brothers that if the hawks make it to the playoffs, I'll get a hawks shirt.  I own a Chicago Bears shirt and a Bulls shirt, but I was still missing the championship winning Blackhawks.  I have a Chicago Cubs hat and Sox hat too, so I think I'm good in that department.  lol.  Regardless, part of the appeal in Chicago is the fact that we are in LOVE with our teams, (just not me, because I hate sports). 
Growing up with two brothers who were constantly grabbing the remote to watch yet ANOTHER Chicago team game, I grew to hate watching sports.  And I was the awkward girl in High School who was terrible at playing sports as well.  As I've gotten older, I've had more of a if-you-can't-beat-them-join-them mentality to sports, mostly because everyone here in Chicago LOVES sports!  I looked at it more or less as a social gathering of sorts, where we can drink and get goofy and once in a while, glance over at the game.
Not very sportsman like in my opinion, but I can't grasp the excitement of sport watching, period.  That's what I think made this a wonderful night for me.  I got to see my friends again, and make new ones too!  We ended up winning the game which lead us to the championship series, which of course, we won the Stanley Cup.  I will say that the Blackhawks were an important part in making my summer memorable!  lol.  More details later...
Happy Friday everyone and remember, I'll be back soon to finish recapping my June, July and August events in a few weeks.  I'm off to make new memories for myself since I am going on vacation again.  Might be my only one this year so I promise I'll make it good.  lol.  ttyl
Timothy O' Toole's was PACKED!





Bathroom selfie.  It was still a little nippy at night even though it was the last weekend in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment