Thursday, August 13, 2015

One last goodbye...

Towards the end of April our friend decided to throw one last house party before she transitioned to California.  It has been years in the making for her, and I'm glad everything was working out.  She had a couple of interviews earlier in the month, and an offer came through.  She also managed to find a great apartment by the beach!  How wonderful!
I've been thinking about relocating myself.  It's just something that pops in mind from time to time.  I've lived in Chicago all of my life.  But with recent changes in my life, I no longer find it my home.  Sometimes I feel so unfamiliar with my surroundings.  People are getting married, having families.  It gets harder and harder for me and my friends to get together.  And even then, I don't feel I have much in common with them anymore. 
My friend has had the same feelings as well, but with her, the weather is a HUGE factor in moving to Cali.  I can totally understand.  I hate the cold too.  But she needs to be near water, and with Cali, I feel she will find her joy once more.  I'm so happy she decided to have this party.  She also had a section of free giveaways for anyone who was interested in grabbing some goods.  I managed to walk away with some cookbooks and a cute picture I hung in my bathroom wall.  It was great seeing everyone again.  Our friend even showed up with her new baby!  SHE IS SO FREAKING CUTE!!  I think she had fun with us, too!  lol
Free giveaways in the kitchen!

Love these two! 

A frigid bbq but we managed...

Trying to stay warm under the covers...

My crew!


Admiring someone's Givenchy Antigona bag.  LOVE the color!


The following week our friend wanted to have one last night out before she departed on her new journey.  We had headed down to Wicker Park to Big Star for some margaritas and then across the street to Violet Hour.  I wore white to get out of the funk of it being frigid still.  I remember how I couldn't wait for summer.  Can't believe it's halfway over. 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment