Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Hump Day! I'm back!!

Well as you can guess, I've been on hiatus blogging since I went away on vacation.  It's been two weeks of adjusting back to my normal life, but believe me, it has not been easy.  I usually get pretty bummed out once I come home.  It's a selfish reminder that I would rather be somewhere else.  I'm not sure if anyone else goes through this, but I usually burst into tears once I walk into my apartment.  I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my life since living here on my own has been troublesome for me.  Maybe I'm more lonely than I thought. 
Regardless, blogging HAS helped me appreciate my life more and the friends I DO have here.  There are lots of changes going on in my social circle, and I've been having a hard time fitting in.  People are having babies, planning weddings, and I'm still here trying to relate to the new person my friends are becoming.  No more singletons for them!  It's time for their new roles as mother or wife.
Although I've never been "officially" married, I was in a long relationship that lasted 7 years.  It was a huge part of my 30s.  It's been over now for 3 years, but I still have a hard time adjusting that I'm back in the market.  Do I want to get married and have a family?  Of course I do.  But as the years go by, I find that maybe not everyone gets that opportunity in life.  Is that a bad thing?  I've been questioning that myself lately.
As you can see by my train of thought, something came light of my vacation, and I'll explain that later.  I am still trying to catch up to my June events.  The funny thing is today is the 1st day of Fall.  lol.  It's going to be interesting recapping my summer activities entering a new season.  But if I've learned anything by catching up, is that sometimes you never realize how much has happened to be where you are NOW.  It gives us a chance to slow down a bit and smell the roses. 
Back in the beginning of June I was invited to a concert in Portage Theater.  My neighborhood is changing and this theater has been renovated to host new venues that come into the city.  The Portage Theater has been around since 1920 and is one of the oldest movie houses in Chicago.  I was excited that I did not have to travel far from home to have a night out.  I wore my jeans and a striped top since I wasn't heading downtown for a change.  Regardless I met my friends and we ended up at a private reception where they had the band come out.  Los Amigos Invisibles are from Venezuela and have been gaining popularity since they performed at Lollapalooza a few years back.  I had a great time!  What a nice surprise to the neighborhood for some great entertainment!     

Private reception area for the band!  They did a meet-and-greet as well...

Los Amigos Invisibles!

Me and my friends having some fun with the photo props..

Feeling like a movie star!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment