Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cup Chasing!!

As you know, the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup again this year.  For any Chicagoan, we go CRAZY whenever one of our teams wins a championship.  One of the winning traditions the Hawks do for their fans is taking the Cup to various places in the city and show up unannounced.  With the help of social media, such as twitter, people get to follow the cup and see where it shows up next.  I love how excited the fans get by just word of mouth.
One Wednesday evening my friend texted me to say that a tweet was sent out on where Old Stanley might be.  It listed various places such as The Scout and Underground as well as Paris nightclub.  We decided to go cup chasing and head downtown.  I had to get up in the morning but decided not to drink at all.  It was the safest way to get up in time for work.  lol. 
I got by the Hubbard neighborhood and quickly texted my friend.  There was a huge line outside of Paris nightclub, along with cops blocking off the streets.  I was guessing they were in there already and quickly ran to Underground.  My initial plan was to get inside a venue before they showed up, but since they were at Paris already, Underground was the place to be.  My friend joined up soon after and we walked around and found some more friends to hangout with.  Well it turned out to be a pretty late night!  It was 1am and STILL NO CUP.  We all kept checking Instagram as well as Twitter constantly for any updates.  Looks like they ended up at Paris around midnight and were still partying it up with the fans.  I did not expect to be out so late, but at this point we were so close to seeing the players, I knew I couldn't leave.  The anticipation was growing and Underground was getting packed.  It was hard not to drink and join in the celebration.  It was finally around 2am when the players walked in.  I was so exhausted by then, but with all of the excitement the crowd was giving them, I got my second wind!  Unfortunately, they DID NOT have the cup with them because apparently the cup has a curfew (go figure).  But it was still a blast we got a chance to party with the players.  I got home by 4am.  Just in time for a nap before I got up for work at 6am.  It was a rough morning but totally worth it!  I would do it all over again... 
Not the actual Stanley Cup.  There were various imitations on the night of the Championship.

Waiting around at Underground...

Still waiting...

STILL WAITING!  lol

They're finally here!!!  The Chicago Blackhawks!!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment