Tuesday, August 1, 2017

West Fest Weekend Part 2

I’m behind as usual on my posts.  It’s now August and I have so many recaps for July.  This past weekend was a difficult one for me.  I am stressed out but mostly because of the people around me.  Everyone is troubled in their own way and I cannot help them.  I also received some disturbing news which made me sink even deeper.

As we speak, I’m trying to book another trip.  I seriously have to tune out of Chicago for now.  I feel bad but I need this time to myself.  Leaving the country is the only way I can truly escape.  Plus I really don’t have much going on at the time.  I’m feeling overwhelmed.  Right now work for once is ok.  I have to take some days off since I’ve accumulated so many.  I might as well plan a trip.

I need to be selfish for a bit.  If things are truly an emergency people know where to reach me. 

I originally made plans to go to West Fest that Sunday.  But at the last minute some other friends reached out to me and I headed over there later in the evening on Saturday.  We didn’t make it a late night in the end but I had fun.  The next day I went to church and relaxed for a bit before I started to get ready for Sunday’s meet up.  At the last minute one friend backed out and it was me and another girl.  We’re mutual friends of our friend who backed out, hence we’ve never really hung out together.  But we decided to meet up regardless.  Most of my friends have moved away and I need to increase my social circle.  I got ready.

What a surprise Sunday it was!  Turns out my other friend was going to be there with a group of girls later on and at the last minute, my friend who has a baby was going to come into town for it as well!

In the beginning it was me and the girl and we chatted about our travels to Europe.  She’s traveled a lot more than me and I was very much interested in her stories.  Once it got later in the evening, more people showed up and it got pretty hectic.  Not to mention, the texts were coming in on trying to locate everybody.  Lol.  I ran into so many people I knew, but it all happened unexpectedly.  I seriously think people should try to get married at West Fest.  People from your past will come out of the woodworks!  

 







No comments:

Post a Comment