Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Barcelona

Well by now you are aware of the terrorist attacks that happened in Barcelona and Finland.  Now of course, my mom is worried about my upcoming trip.  It’s frustrating because that’s the last thing I wanted.  Now here we are.

The funny thing is, I’m not worried at all.  I’m overwhelmed with other personal news that I want to leave even sooner.  I want to be as far away from this place as I possibly can.

Do you ever wonder about soap opera characters that leave town because of whatever issues they face at home?  They never kill off the characters, but in reality we know through gossip sites that these actors have been considered for other acting projects.  They get to “leave town” on their soap opera, do a film or play, then after a couple of months, “come back” for a dramatic entry into everyone’s lives.  I wish I could do that in real life.

Back to recapping July’s events.  I can’t believe how fast August is coming to an end.  I hope my trip doesn’t fly by like this.

The last Thursday in July I was invited to an art showing at a lounge.  My fb friend who also promotes most of Chicago’s nightlife invited me.  He’s a wonderful host and has helped me in the past get friends inside top notch lounges.  I decided to repay the favor by attending his newest business venture.  I normally do not go out in the middle of the week anymore, but I knew I wanted to do something different from my normal routine.  I’m glad I did.

I took a nap and that helped me a lot.  I got to Coco Lounge a little bit after 10pm.  Luckily I saw some familiar faces and hungout with them the rest of the night.  Some of the paintings were sold right then and there.  How awesome is that?
Afterwards, our little group decided to checkout Joy District down the street.  I can’t believe how many people packed this place on a Thursday night!  It was fun times dancing around for a bit.  What a nice surprise…

 









No comments:

Post a Comment