Tuesday, August 1, 2017

West Fest Weekend Part 1

Since I kind of jumped into summer, I never got a chance to go through my summer wardrobe.  I have a full bag of clothes as well as shoes to donate.  Over the years, I might have glanced at them and said to myself I’ll eventually wear them, but let’s be honest.  My style has changed as I’ve gotten older.  Mini-skirts and short dresses were the first ones to go.  I am much comfortable wearing midi length.  Platform wedges that hurt back then have switched over to boots or sneakers.  It was time to do this!
I feel better downsizing my wardrobe.  Fall season is slowly creeping up and I’m praying I find practical sales for end-of-summer-fashion.  I  now think of shopping for vacation pieces since that’s when I really get excited.  It’s all about living out of a suitcase for a few days as far as I’m concerned!
Back to recapping July events!  I finished up an eventful July 4th weekend, and work was short but sweet.  Not a lot of people came in the remaining of that week.  I got a chance to do some chores, workout and catch up on my reading at home.  I wasn’t hearing from anyone and it was nice---for a while.  That’s when the Gemini in me comes out.  I knew I didn’t want to spend much money, but some friends out of nowhere invited me to a neighborhood fest.  I haven’t seen this couple in a while and wanted to catch up.  I made my way over to West Fest and found them right away.  We all got there pretty late but at least we got a chance to see Mark Farina’s set.  Afterwards, my friends knew of a house party right around the corner.  We headed there for some drinks and were getting the itch to head somewhere else.  We decided to go to Bar Deville and danced away to some 90s hip hop.  I was having such a good time I didn’t realize we made a night of it!  All last minute!  Afterwards, we ate late night tacos and headed home.  I love surprises like this…   






No comments:

Post a Comment