Thursday, August 17, 2017

White Party

I’m still trying to finish up July’s events.  Following Sunday’s going away party, I went to meet up with my friend and her husband to see La La Land at Millennium Park.  Unfortunately, even though that day fell on a Tuesday, the park was so packed they weren’t allowing any more people in.  We decided to have our picnic at Maggie Daley park instead.  They are practically right next to each other but we couldn’t see the movie at all.  Instead, we met up with more friends and had a nice night out.  My friend is pregnant and wanted to try to enjoy her summer as much as possible before the baby arrives.  She is due later this month. 

The rest of the week was pretty low key.  Saturday, me and my friends were invited to a one year old birthday party.  It was for a friend who lives in the suburbs.  Her son’s big day was being held at a pool that had water slides and a lazy river.  I’m normally not a fan of the suburbs, but this pool was nice.  We spent a majority of the afternoon there.  Afterwards, we rushed to get back to the city for another birthday party.  I had already warned my friends that I bought a ticket to see one of my favorite djs perform at Prysm later on.  I knew that was going to be a late night thing.  I figured I would have time for everything.

The 2nd party took place at Whiskey Businessat their rooftop.  It’s located in Wicker Park.  Luckily we scored on parking (a rare find in Chicago) and headed upstairs.  It’s a sports bar and they also had a live dj playing 90s music.  I had the most fun there!  We danced around and had a blast.  Our other friends showed up later and I felt bad having to leave soon for the White Party at Prysm but what can you do?  To kill some time we went to a karaoke Mexican restaurant and ate tacos.  My friend decided to come along for the party since I had an extra ticket.  Unfortunately, my favorite dj did not start playing until 2am!!  I’m getting way too old for this!  We waited and waited but it was hard after a long day out and about.  My friend stayed with me for 45 minutes until she decided to go home.  I stayed behind because I really wanted to see him, but I was so exhausted.  In the end, I know in my heart it’s probably one of the last times I’ll ever see him live.  It was bitter sweet for me…


 








No comments:

Post a Comment