Thursday, August 31, 2017

North Halsted Market Days

I finished Timothy Ferris’ “The 4-hour workweek” a few weeks ago and I’m still going through my notes.  As I’m reading along, I love how he emphasizes on what makes you happy.  “Some criticize a focus on self-love and enjoyment as selfish or hedonistic, but it’s neither.”  “I believe that life exists to be enjoyed and that the most important thing is to feel good about yourself.”

LOVE THIS!  How many times have we STOPPED OURSELVES on feeling good about ourselves?  It’s as if we are constantly reminded that life is hard.  Yes, it can be, but it can also be a wonderful.  I truly believe that.

I once heard an audio CD on happiness.  It was given to me by my ex-boyfriend when we were together.  His ex-wife at the time had given it to him and I’m glad that she did.  It basically explains certain perceptions on happiness.  The sad reality is some people feel they are not allowed to feel joy.  The worst part of it all is that we don’t give permission to ourselves on having happiness in our lives.  I think this is the part that hurts me the most.

I was taught this early on by my family.  I do not know why this was the case, but it wasn’t until I moved out that I got a chance to hang out with other families.  My friends would laugh and joke around with their families.  They would dance with each other and embrace one another.  This was definitely something that I was missing growing up.

Lately the stress about my mom and her sisters have gotten to me.  I do not enjoy being around them for too long.  It’s always a dreary feeling and a lot of times I cannot wait to see my friends because of this.  We love to laugh and have fun.  I missed out growing up so there’s a lot of catching up to do on the happiness department.  Lol

Now that my trip is coming up, I’m getting anxious again.  I’m SUPER NERVOUS about my upcoming flight, plus not all the details have been worked out.  I like to have a plan but so far, we are playing it by ear.  I have to learn how to do this but it will be done.  I have no choice on the matter.

Back to recapping August events!  This weekend is already Labor Day weekend!!  Can you believe it?

The 2nd weekend of August was one of the best times I had this summer!  It was North Halsted Market Days!  My hair stylist works in Boystown so I made an appointment for a trim and figured we could go to the fest afterwards.  I was his last client.  We walked around the corner and got a bottle of wine in time to celebrate.  We wanted to catch Robin S  and Jody Watley’s performance.  We waited for another friend to meet up with us and even found a parking spot for him.  We were just being silly and I loved it!

Once inside we found the stage where Robin S was and danced the whole time.  She was awesome!  We then headed to Hydrate’s stage for some dance music and then went to see Jody Watley.  My feet were killing me!  I still had to go to a birthday party afterwards and wasn’t sure how long I could hang out.

I got my second wind once I ate a gyro.  Lol  Hey sometimes greasy food helps.  I made my way to Humble Park for Humble Lounge.  My friend had the upstairs sectioned off for her party.  I was beat but I managed to stay til the end.  What a day!   







No comments:

Post a Comment