Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Rib fest Cook-off!

My mom’s big move is coming up on the 15th!  This is going to be interesting seeing her downsize from her home to an apartment.  I am considering doing something like this in the future as well.

My love of traveling has taken over my lackluster love life.  Lol.  It’s funny but it’s true.  Putting myself out there, trying to figure out which direction I turn to—left or right, reading people’s faces, making sacrifices for the sake of learning a new city, all remind me of falling in love.  Unlike men, traveling has not let me down!  I want to explore more and meet new people from all over the world.  I know I’m late in the game, but I’m excited for the upcoming years to come.  I haven’t felt like that in a very long time.

I hope my mom will be able to join me.  One thing I’ve realized is traveling is not for everybody, and I’m not sure if my mom would WANT to do something like this with me.  I want her to embrace life again.  Since I’m currently not in a relationship, and she is a widow herself, I would hope she would get the same feeling I have about seeing new places.  Who knows?

Back to my recaps!  After my work party the following day was Saturday.  For the most part, I wanted to take it easy, until my friend called me up inviting me to a cook off.  Her boyfriend’s family in Frankfurt hosts an annual rib fest cook off every summer.  Participants each cook their secret recipes and then get judged from their neighbors who are in the panel.  After they make their decision, friends and family get to try the ribs themselves and try to guess who the winner is.  There’s even a trophy ceremony!  That Saturday was pretty perfect with good food and friends.  I love summer!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment