Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Up on a roof!

The summer is barely here and I’m already getting bombarded by events.  Unfortunately, Chicago in the summertime is a very busy place to be.  With  concerts, neighborhood food fests and baseball games, the city can get overwhelming.  On top of that, there’s personal milestones such as birthdays, graduation parties, weddings and baby showers to attend!  Oh my!

I was invited to a birthday party on a rooftop during the Bad Axe Throwing Party the week before.  I accepted the invitation, but as the weekend got closer, I can clearly see that it was going to be a very active weekend.  Other invitations came out of nowhere and I had to turn them down due to me getting my chores done.  Lol.  I had to do a ton of laundry, and there was no way around it.  Usually, this is a reminder for me to get some chores in by the weekend, so I don’t spend all of my Saturday cleaning up the apartment.

I did my usual Saturday leg day and then showered up and got ready for the party.  They had suggested to get there by 8:30pm so I took my time.  Out of nowhere, there was another invitation, this one too, a birthday party.  I was already on my way to the first party, I had to turn it down.  What can you do?

I made my way there, but quickly called my mom.  I don’t want to get caught up on my social life that I forget to call her.  FOMO is real here in Chi-town, but at the end of the day, you can only be at one place at a time.  I do not want to burn myself out.

Once inside I found my friends.  It was a nice party, and we got a chance to enjoy the rooftop for a bit.  Afterwards, his friends had the itch to go to Federales, so we walked down Randolph over to Morgan Street.  Luckily, we had some time to get some cocktails before it closed.  At 3am it was all over for us, but then, as usual, you have the one friend that mentions we can still go to a late night spot.  I jumped in a cab and made my escape.  That was enough action for me!      



 






No comments:

Post a Comment