Thursday, June 22, 2017

Like a Ninja!

I’m still recapping my birthday weekend shenanigans.  I didn’t realize I did so much.  Here goes:
Saturday I did my usual routine.  Caught up on some reading; cleaned up the apartment; and did Leg Day at the gym.  My friend invited me to join him at the Taste of Randolph Fest around 5pm which was perfect timing.  I know I need to schedule my chores during the week and not let everything slide on the weekends.  I absolutely HATE leaving my apartment a hot mess.
The weather was acting up again.  Out of nowhere a storm passed through.  I patiently waited before I headed out.  Lately our storms have lasted no more than 30 minutes, but they come in STRONG.
I made my way down there but made sure I had my umbrella with me just in case.  The weather forecast mentioned showers later on but I was secretly hopping it turned out false.  By this time the sun came out and it felt wonderful!  I met my friend and we grabbed a bite to eat and had a cocktail in between.  He was looking for a friend who was going to meet him there at the fest.  They wanted to check out a band that was going to perform around 7pm.
I had mentioned to my friend earlier that I really wanted to see Taylor Dayne at Pride Fest.  I’m an 80s kid and LOVE 80s music.  She was definitely one of my favorite artists.  She was scheduled to perform at 8:30pm so I calculated my time to stay no longer than 7:30pm at the Randolph Fest.  I figured I would give myself an hour to go across town.
Luckily we found his friend and I made my quick getaway.  I really wanted to see her and didn’t want to miss this opportunity!
The night before my brother told me he had plans with his girlfriend to go the Randolph Fest but while I was getting ready, he called me up and told me they were going to be at the Pride Fest instead.  Apparently his girlfriend is a fan as well!
I texted him to let him know I was on my way over there to meet him.  I couldn’t believe I got there in time.  I was worried I wasn’t going to find them at that crowd, but they walked up to me right before she got on!
Next thing you know, we started to feel rain drops.  NOOOOOOO!  It started to rain, but I was praying it wouldn’t be heavy.  She came out and started singing.  The crowd was going crazy for her!
It DID start to pour, but she never stopped.  What a trooper!!  She kept engaging with the audience and dancing around.  I felt like a kid again.  She still has that AMAZING voice!  I was impressed.
She got drenched up there but never stopped performing.  I am forever grateful I got a chance to see my childhood idol!!  It was soooooooooooooo worth it!!








No comments:

Post a Comment