Friday, June 9, 2017

Do Division Fest with Mr. Pig

After a cool off in temperatures, it's heating back up in Chicago.  I'm still recapping last weekend's events.

Last Sunday the temperature reached 90 degrees!  I have to admit, I almost forgot how hot summer can get.  Lol.  I laid out for a bit on the balcony again after church.  So far, I’m slowly deepening my color.  I hate looking pale!!  Ugh!

I watched the One Night in Manchester fundraiser via internet.  I’m deeply saddened by what is happening today in the world.  The night before me and my friends found out about the London attacks while playing bocci ball.  It changed our moods completely.  I yearn to travel again, but with today’s current events, I wonder if I should lay low for now.  What do you think?

I made my way to the gym for leg day when my friend started texting me.  She was curious if I was going to go to the Do Division Fest.  I told her I hadn’t heard from anyone, and we decided to check it out  after the sun was setting.  It was still hot and my friend is pregnant as well.  We wanted to go at a time where it would not be uncomfortable for her.

Once there we walked around for a bit and caught up with one another.  The last time I hung out with her was a month ago when we stayed in and chatted all night with her friends. 

My sweet tooth was starting to act up and we decided that Caffe Gelato was the answer to our prayers.  I miss having gelato.  I miss Italy dearly…

Out of nowhere we came across a pig.  At first, it looked like someone was walking a black dog but then we noticed it wasn’t a dog after all.  People kept coming up to him and petting him like crazy.  Things like that kind of freak me out because I know the pig is not at his normal habitat.  But according to my friend, pigs are very intelligent, and he seemed to be fine with everyone coming up to him.  It was the dogs of other dog walkers that got me worried too.  I wasn’t sure how they were going to react to a pig, but they were getting along with him too.  

I got home in time to call my mom up.  I warned her about being busy for the Bad Axe Throwing Birthday Party.  So far, lots of people have come by to see her house, but no potential buyers as of yet.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment