Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bad Axe Throwing Birthday!

On Saturday I headed to Bad Axe Throwing for a birthday party.  I’ve never there before so I did not know what to expect.  The only thing I knew was to wear close-toed shoes.  Since it warmed up to the 80s, I opted for my converse sneakers and my denim cutoffs.
Once there, we had to sign a waiver and then we were all set to go.  We had a pretty big group, but the instructor did a good job demonstrating different forms of axe throwing.  It is not as easy as it looks!  After a couple of throws, some people either got the hang of it, or had a hard time.  Of course, I was one of the few that had a hard time.  I’m just terrible at sports!  Lol.
My friend had food catered there at the venue and we chomped away between throws.  The instructor had us play a couple of games since we had more practice.  I think everyone had a good time there!
We then followed afterwards to Kaiser Tiger for some cocktails.  They had an awesome beer garden along with bocce ball and jenga to play with.  We spent the rest of the evening there before a quick rain storm passed through and killed our night.  Oh well!  That’s summer in Chicago for ya!










No comments:

Post a Comment