Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Father's Day Sunday

A recent devastating car accident is circulating in Chicago.  Word on Facebook has spread concerning the actions of the driver.  Although I do not personally know the parties involved, people have been chiming in on their opinions.  As I post this Father's Day recap, I can't help but understand the pain inflicted when someone's actions are indescribable.  I have felt animosity towards my dad for over 20 years.  It took some time for me to forgive him being absent but here I am.  I pray that people will forgive those who make horrible decisions and move towards peace in their lives.  It is truly the only way to live in the present.  
Now back to recapping last weekend's events:
After an eventful day before, I took it easy on Sunday because I knew I was going to see my dad.  I don’t get a chance to see him as much since he still works two jobs.  He is a busy guy, but then again, he has always been this way.
My brother picked me up around 4:30pm and we headed to our uncle’s place.  This was the first time seeing him since I was a kid.  Obviously, the divorce between my mom and dad affected us seeing his side of the family, but it was nice to know we were welcomed.  Our uncle proudly showed us his house and then we settled outside on his deck. 
Although my dad has been absent in my younger years, I’m glad I got a chance to spend Father’s Day with him.







No comments:

Post a Comment