Thursday, June 1, 2017

Chicago House Party at Millennium Park

I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day Weekend!!  I had an eventful one despite it raining heavily on Friday.  I wanted to do some window shopping but never got a chance to because of the rain.  By the time I got home I decided to take a nap thinking the rain would eventually pass, but it never did!  I was a little annoyed because I was excited about the three day weekend, but the weather definitely killed my vibe.  Oh well.
The next day was a different story!  I was excited because I woke up to a sunny apartment.  I laid out for a bit on my balcony hoping to get some color.  I did my usual Saturday routine which was cleaning up my place, but I noticed that the forecast was not including rain for a change.  I went to the gym earlier so I could get Leg Day out of the way.
Once I got back and showered up, I grew anxious.  I wanted to go out and enjoy the sunshine, but everyone seemed to have prior commitments.  I knew the house music party at Millennium Park was taking place.  I figured if people showed up later on, I’ll find them eventually.  What a party it was!!  My brother and his girlfriend showed up towards the later part of the evening but I had a blast regardless.  I love that our city celebrates house music.  It started here in Chicago and the music spread all over the world!  I have included a mini history of Chicago House Music from Wikipedia.  At least it will give you a better understanding how much dance music means to me!  

House music became popular in Chicago clubs in 1984. It was pioneered by figures such asFrankie Knuckles[19] PhutureKym Mazelle,[20] and Mr. Fingers, and was associated withAfrican-American and gay subcultures. House music quickly spread to other American cities such as DetroitNew York CityBaltimore, andNewark – all of which developed their own regional scenes. In the mid-to-late 1980s, house music became popular in Europe as well as major cities in South America, and Australia.






No comments:

Post a Comment