Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Rolling Stones Exhibitionism

Last week on my birthday I took my mom to see the Rolling Stones exhibition at Navy Pier.  The weather was calling for passing storms so we made sure to bring our umbrellas just in case.

 

She was SUPER EXCITED we were doing this.  The Rolling Stones were her band during the 60s and she’s followed their career ever since.  I am familiar with their music although I was never a true fan.  But since word around town is that this was a good exhibit, I figured I’ll go with someone who will truly enjoy their impact in music history.

 

We have not been back to Navy Pier ever since it went through a renovation, so it was nice to go with a new set of eyes.  Once we arrived inside the exhibit, my mom started taking as many pictures as she could!  Lol.  I could tell this was a big deal for her and I let her take her time with each display.  I was very impressed with the history of the Rolling Stones from their startup back in London to their contributions to stage design from their world tours.  They put a lot of thought into the “art of entertaining”.  I also enjoyed the portraits from the Andy Warhol collection.  We had a great time!

 

Afterwards we sat and grabbed lunch from the Billy Goat tavern at the Pier.  A mini shower came and went and we patiently waited for it to pass.  Looking back on my birthday weekend, I realized I got a chance to do everything I wanted to do on my list.  I felt very privileged being able to celebrate with my family and friends.  I am truly humbled.

 















No comments:

Post a Comment