Thursday, December 3, 2015

Holiday Blues...


I hope everyone had a great holiday!  It was just me and my brothers over my mom's place on Thanksgiving.  We kept it small this year.  My mom was pretty emotional.  I know she misses her husband very much.  It took me a second to realize so much stuff happened this year.  Looking back at my trip to Paris and Italy, I feel I was blessed to have recognized the beauty of both these 2 countries.  Now the state of the world is in constant threat of terrorism.  It doesn't even feel like Christmas is coming.  We shouldn't be feeling anxiety and anguish.  We should be joyful and grateful for everything we have.  Why does it have to be like this?
Since the Paris attacks, our country has suffered domestic terrorism as well.  Last week it was at a Planned Parenthood, today it was at a social services location in California.  I cannot help but feel I am living in a world that is not familiar to me anymore.  Maybe this type of thing has been around and I never noticed, or maybe I'm just getting older.  No matter how you look at it, I'm beat.
I pray that we can learn of ways to control our issues, anger, depression, etc.  Instilling fear in others is not going to solve anything.  Maybe we could learn from others on how to handle life's demanding tasks?  Follow their lead to living a healthy, promising life?  I know everyday I try to better myself and my thinking because it would hurt me to know that I make people miserable.  As funny as it sounds, it's true!  It's one of my insecurities!
Since I've been blogging, (and trying to catch up to my events), I've learned to appreciate the past.  I realize how far I've come to my personal journey in life.  Depression is my kryptonite, but I try my best to handle my situations so I could be stronger in moving ahead and not getting "stuck" in a unhealthy zone.  It's hard especially when the news have been nothing but tragic lately.  I suggest everyone "tune out" from time to time, and get away from the madness, even if it's as simple as not watching the news or logging into Facebook (or any social media) for a week.  I think it might do us all good for a change.  Let's face it, all we're doing is passing and sharing horrible things that have happened and it's not making the world a better place.  It's making the world a feared place.
Back in recapping my trip.  I left off me and my friend driving back to town from Sorrento.  My friend had an appointment in the morning, so we figured we'll keep it local that Thursday.  We ran some errands, went to the beach for an hour to work on our Italian tans, and made our way to our favorite gelato spot!  Looking back, it was a nice change to the hustle and bustle of trying to catch a ferry somewhere.  We slowed down to smell the roses and it was nice. 
My friend decided to throw another dinner party.  I helped out setting the table.  We enjoyed pasta di vongole.  It was delish.  It was nice.  Very relaxing vibes.  I miss it so much now.
I got the recipe from my friend.  Hopefully it will turn out like hers...

The next day my friend decided we should checkout some caves before I fly out.  It was now Friday, but I had to catch a train out late Saturday to Rome to catch my flight on Sunday.  Yup.  My trip was ending and we now had limited time with one another.       
 We drove back out to Bari to see the Grotte di Castellana.  These caves were formed over 90 million years ago, and is one of the natural wonders in Puglia!  There were people from all over the world visiting that day.  Luckily, we had the opportunity to catch the English tour.  We went deep into the caves for close to two hours.  It was pretty cold down there!  Considering the temps were in the 90s, the temperature inside the caves dropped down to 55 degrees!  We did bundle up since my friend warned me how cold it can get.  I learned so much that day.  Unfortunately they do not allow pictures to be taken, but I did sneak in a few at the entrance.  I enjoyed the tour very much and would highly recommend it.  You'll never think Italy has something like this!
The opening of the cave!  Once described as the entrance to hell since it's so deep down below sea level...

The calcifications from conformations are amazing!


Gorgeous colors throughout the caves!

My only selfie.  No more pictures could be taken as the tour continued...




























No comments:

Post a Comment