Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Do you remember back in September?

The countdown is on!!  2015 is almost gone, and I'm still trying to recap my events of the year.  Blogging on a regular basis will definitely be a resolution of mine.  But let's face it.  Sometimes life gets in the way.  My mom's husband was getting really sick around this time last year.  She's been emotional again knowing that Christmas is around the corner.  I wish I knew how to make her feel better.  Me and my brothers are keeping an eye on her.  We try to get together whenever we can to keep her busy.  Right now, work is slowing down for her.  She's not getting enough hours in, so she's home more.  I don't want her to get lonely. 
I've been trying to fix up my apartment as well.  I moved into a cute condo 4 years ago with my boyfriend at the time.  We were slowly getting everything we needed.  Then we broke up.  That was 3 years ago.  It wasn't until last Christmas when I realized that my mom's husband was going to pass soon.  I stayed in most of the time.  I hardly went out.  I tried to keep myself busy when my ex moved out that I never stopped running from one thing to another.  I never wanted to stay home.  I hung out with friends, traveled a bit.  But I hardly stayed home.  Once it started to get chilly I remembered how lonely I felt in the winter.  I figured it's because I never got a chance to get my place nice and cozy.  It felt empty.  I've been slowly getting some personal pieces in.  I can't wait to show you my before and after pics!  Trust me, it's not a big deal.  But to me it is and I'm glad I'm getting my place the way I want it. 
Back to recapping September.  I have a couple of friends who have birthdays back to back.  I call it the Virgo/ Libra transition!  Towards the end of the month, we decided to take out one of our good friends out for sushi.  She wanted to keep her birthday low key.  It was nice because I got a chance to see my other friend who just had a baby back in July.  After dinner she went to get her son from the babysitter and we all headed back to our friend's place for some cocktails.  It was a perfect end to a wonderful night.  It's going to get harder and harder for us to all get together.  That's why it's important we keep in touch for moments like this. 




The 2nd dress I bought out in Italy for 5 euros!  I decided to wear it to the dinner since it was nice out.

LOVE my friend's hat!  I wish I can rock one, but they never look good on me. 

The birthday girl is the one with the black scarf.  She had a good time...

Good times at Yuzu sushi!





No comments:

Post a Comment