Monday, December 14, 2015

It's baby season!

Happy Monday!  I can't believe the Holidays are almost here.  Technically I am done with my Christmas shopping, but sometimes, the unexpected happens.  It's always a good idea to stock up on items just in case you forgot someone.  I suggest getting a unisex gift, such as a bottle of wine, or a Christmas ornament/ decoration and having it handy so you're prepared.  That's my little tidbit for the day!  lol
I want to finish getting my events up to date, so let's continue with September.  This year in general, I've had 5 girlfriends who gave birth to their babies!  That's a lot of baby showers!  Back in April, we had a baby shower for one of my oldest friends who end up having twin girls in May.  They held their baptism at St. Alphonsus church.  It was seasonally warm that day, but instead of wearing a dress to this formal occasion, I wore my black skinny jeans with my studded ankle boots and a kimono jacket.  I knew I was going to be running around and my ankle boots have a low heel.  Sometimes it pays to be practical.  Regardless, the service was cute.  I love seeing how other kids are dressed in church.  Some of the outfits are simply adorable!
We went back to her sister's house where they were going to be serving the food and refreshments.  I loved how they set their dessert table.  A beautiful picture of the twins were displayed.  They are gorgeous!  I'm so glad I got a chance to meet them! 
It was a perfect Sunday where I got a chance to see my friends again.  Since most of them have families themselves, it's hard catching up to everyone.  These gatherings are the perfect opportunity to share what's going on with everyone.  I definitely look forward to these events.  It makes you realize how blessed you are...
The godparents holding the twins!  I've known this family for over 15 years!  They are wonderful people...

Check out the dessert table!  So cute!

Most of the girls pictured went to high school together.  I met them in my early twenties and am lucky to have them in my life!

The proud mother holding one of the twins!  I can't tell them apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment