Thursday, December 24, 2015

Let's eat!

I may not be a foodie but I got a chance to eat pretty well last October.  My friends make fun of me that I never have an appetite for anything.  I rather have a good drink than to have a big meal.  That's because I usually watch what I eat and exercise regularly.  But there are occasions when I find myself out and about trying new things.
My boss wanted to surprise one of our coworkers to a lunch for her upcoming wedding.  She chose the Ralph Lauren restaurant on Chicago avenue.  I was excited to check it out because I've never been.  We made reservations and noticed how full the place was.  Luckily we got our table and ordered a way!  RL is beautifully decorated in Ralph Lauren fashion.  There were sections that looked like a library and then there were sections that reminded me of a horse stable.  There are tons of pictures hanging; some are photographs of old Hollywood actors and  some are of Chicago's iconic skyscrapers.  I missed the feeling of being back in time.  Our city has had our share of up and coming restaurants with a new age/ fusion twist.  It was nice to be in a luxurious country club-style restaurant and enjoy some traditional American food.  By the way, my club sandwich was to die for!  I will say I was pretty envious of their monogram RL coffee cups with matching saucers.
That same week I had dinner in Avec restaurant on Randolph street.  If you head over to this trendy neighborhood, you'll see a string of restaurants back to back.  I haven't been in that area in a while.  It was nice to enjoy a night out in the city.  This tapas restaurant was delish!  I enjoyed the dishes very much and would highly recommend it for a date night out.  
Afterwards we wanted to have some cocktails.  I was curious to see the new Loews hotel, so we headed down there.  We ended up catching the World Series game there.  I loved the lobby bar and even though I'm not a sports fan, had a great time there with the fellow spectators!  Congratulations Kansas!  That was an awesome game!
Tonight me and my family will be celebrating Christmas Eve.  I'm excited to see my mom.  I bought her a vintage brooch and I hope she likes it!  I will let you guys know.  As for everyone out there, please have a safe holiday and enjoy the time spent with family and friends.  If you are spending it alone, there's plenty of Christmas specials on tv as well as blockbuster movies out (hint: Star Wars) for your viewing pleasure.  I'm single so I know how it feels to be alone sometimes.  It's moments like these you go out and try to enjoy your holiday regardless of your circumstance.  Not everyone has it so easy.  No matter how down and out you feel, remember Life has a way of reminding you how blessed you are!  Live life to the fullest!!  And Merry Christmas!!!!!!
 

Check out that mirror!  Loved the décor in RL restaurant!

I cannot find these anywhere, but I need them in my life!


The best club sandwich I've ever had, hands down!

Cheese spread in Avec....

A bottle of pinot to go with our dinner...

I love healthy dishes like this Trout we shared. 



Kale salad with shrimp!  SOOOOOO good!

What I wore to Avec and Loews hotel.  I chose an off the shoulder sweater with bootcut jeans.  Pretty basic since I didn't know where we were heading to.

No comments:

Post a Comment