Monday, December 21, 2015

The calm before the storm part 3...

One of the cool things I did in October was to check out some djs at Navy Pier.  First of all, I'm very impressed with the layout there.  I never imagined going to an indoor dance party with the similarity of an outdoor music festival!  It's a great way to get your music fix without having to wait til next summer.  I've been wanting to see Disclosure for some time, so when they announced they were coming to Chicago, I bought my ticket right away!  I loved it!!  I'm glad I got a chance to see them especially since now they are nominated for a Grammy for best dance album for Caracal. 
That show fell on a Thursday, and the following Friday I chilled out.  I was invited to go back to Navy Pier to see another dj for Saturday's show: Kaskade.  I grew excited once I got there again.  I know it seems silly, but even though I was in the same venue, I knew this dj was going to bring a completely different vibe.  While Disclosure was a live set with band played by the Lawrence brothers themselves, Kaskade had more of a electronic sound to it.  I danced away for both shows and had a blast, but for now, I'm going to hold off a bit for these shows.  First of all, they are pricey, but secondly, they're exhausting as well!  It's non-stop action as soon as you step in there.  I need a break in between months...lol.
 
Just two brothers throwing an amazing show!  I'm impressed how well they performed.

Peace!  Ran into some friends there and hungout with them.  It's always fun when you go with people who appreciate good music...

Selfie time!

Two days later for Kaskade!

Kaskade had a great crowd going!  Good times as always!
What I wore this to see Kaskade.  We headed to The Mid to see him perform at the after party.  I knew I was going to be on my feet all night so I wore my Frye boots, and skinny jeans.  Since the weather wasn't too cold yet, I wore a light jacket to both events.

No comments:

Post a Comment