Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Where's the snow?

So apparently, parts of the country are experiencing a dry winter so far without any snow.  And according to the weathermen (although I'm not sure how accountable they are), we might have a pretty warm Christmas this year.  They are predicting temperatures to reach around 50 degrees!  We have been getting some gusty rain instead, which in reality should be snow.  But in the meantime, I'll take a snow-less Christmas anytime.  Hey, not to bash a wintery wonderland, but I've lived in Chicago all my life.  It would be nice to take a "break" from the traditional blizzard just for a change.  Regardless, it's not like it's been sunshine city over here.  We still get sun less days, and it's pretty depressing.  Adding snow in the mix sometimes doesn't necessarily put you in the Christmas spirit.   As for me, who doesn't own a car, walking through a blizzard is pretty intense.  I am curious to see if we do get this warm weather.  Let's see how this pans out.
Back to recapping the end of September.  I had just celebrated my friend's birthday at Yuzu sushi.  The next day I was invited to a show to see Diplo perform.  He's part of Jack U which helped put Justin Bieber back in the music map.  I headed off to Concord Music Hall and had a blast.  I love dancing to dance music, especially EDM because the crowd gives off an amazing energy.  Since summer was over, music festivals is one of the things that I miss.  Going to these shows helps with the void in the meantime. 

On the 29th was my mom's birthday.  Me and my brothers decided to surprise her with a birthday dinner.  She had no idea we invited the rest of the family.  She was in shock!  I loved every minute of it!  Her birthday fell on a Tuesday, so it was nice to do something different in the beginning of the week.  We went to a cute Italian restaurant named Trattoria Porretta.  It's located in our neighborhood.  We knew off hand we didn't want to drive all the way downtown for some good food.  Luckily, the restaurant had a parking lot, which helps if you live in the city.  Only in the burbs you get good parking.  Not fair!
Regardless, I caught up with my little cousin, who also went to Italy earlier in the year.  We exchanged traveling stories.  I'm hoping to go back again next year.  I hope she does the same as well.  Traveling DOES expand your horizons.  Plus, Chicago is not for everybody.  I do want to relocate one day, and I feel one day I will find a place elsewhere to live and call "home".  In the meantime, I'm going to have fun looking! 
We all made it!

It was nice seeing everyone together...

My mom looks so happy!  I loved surprising her...

My mom with my brother.  We had a great night that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment