Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday Motivation!

Well here it is.  The last week of 2015.  Hope everyone had a great holiday!  I was off the past couple of days, so it's nice to go back to my regular routine.  A winter storm has arrived for us Chicagoans.  I'm glad I got a chance to spend my time off running errands before the slush came in.  It makes my world a lot easier since I don't own a car.  Regardless, I'm almost done recapping October events, but I am hopeful I will be up-to-date with my blogging by mid January.  Not a bad resolution to start off 2016!
Back in late October, my friend had some friends visiting in town from Rockford Illinois.  We decided to show them a night out in town by hitting a couple of spots.  It was fun because seeing their faces get excited about our nightlife is magnetic.  You start to appreciate the city even more on what it has to offer.
Up first, The Drop in Lincoln Park.  A friend was throwing a party there and we stopped by for a few.  I loved it because it felt like a nightclub in downtown.  If you want to go dancing in the Lincoln Park area, I highly recommend it.  They played top 40/ pop/ dance so everyone was up and moving.  It definitely got us geeked up for our evening.
Next stop, The Godfrey Hotel for some cocktails and people watching.  We got a chance to talk too since The Drop was jamming.  We lucked out on a beautiful night.  The rooftop was opened and we enjoyed the city view.
We walked over to the Lite nightclub and stayed there for a bit before heading across the street to Shay nightclub.  We heard Nelly was performing there so we were pretty excited.  It was a bit chaotic to get in, but luckily we made it in on time before the show started.  It was a packed house in there!  Nelly had the crowd going CRAZY!  That was pretty amazing for us to be a part of. 
Our friends really wanted to dance to some edm/house music after that, so we walked over to Spybar since it was right down the alley.  I loved the fact we got a chance to show our friends different venues in Chicago.  Too bad we didn't have more time to show them Hubbard Street as well. 
The following day was Sunday, so we all met up again in Wicker Park for some Sunday funday.  We hopped around some bars and had some quick bites before we ended up in The Southern for cocktails.  I think her friends had a good time because I sure did! 
Bathroom selfie at The Drop.  Since I didn't know what our plans were, I wore black and white to be safe.

Check out that view from the Godfrey Hotel's rooftop! 

Good times at The Godfrey!

Nelly taking a sip before his show!

Can you find us?  We're in here somewhere!  lol

Sunday Funday at the Southern.  We had some friends watching the Black Hawks there and we crashed their party.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment