Friday, December 18, 2015

The calm before the storm...part 2

After that crazy long Friday night, I relaxed a bit on Saturday.  Towards the evening my friends were meeting up in Wicker Park to watch the Cubs game again.  I made my way down there later on, since I'm not a crazy sports fan anyway.  Regardless, I knew I was going to have a chilled out night because I had a baptism to attend to in the morning.  We lost the game, which was a bummer for our city, but we still were in the running to head to the World Series.  Gotta love Chicagoans!  We're hopeful even when the odds are against us. 
Some of my friends headed home after the game, but I stuck around a bit longer.  Our next stop was Northside Bar & Grill where things got a little silly between us.  Since some of our friends ARE sports fanatics, I can understand people drowning their sorrows due to the loss.  I headed home after midnight since I knew I had a long day ahead of me.
Sunday morning I rode with my friend to the service.  I was glad we were a few minutes late, but my other friends by the way....tsk tsk.  I understand stuff happens but there should have been no reason more than one of us being SUPER late.  It just looks bad on ALL of us.  Regardless, everyone had an excuse.  Luckily it wasn't such a big deal in the end.  That's another resolution I will be incorporating for the upcoming year.  Not to be tardy!!
We headed downstairs for some light bites.  Our friend decorated the area beautifully!  I loved the soft shades of lavender she used.  So pretty!  Her daughter was adorable, too!  We took a zillion pictures with her.  I love that we got a chance to share this moment with one another.  A baptism truly is a special occasion and the fact that we were there together for this melts my heart.  I cherish my friends dearly.  Watching us move forward towards different stages in our lives means so much to me.  They are my rock...
Pretty dessert table!!


Everyone got a card which contained seeds to plant in your yard! 


The girl of the moment!  Zoe!!  She looked adorable in her white dress with lavender accessories!  Most of my friends wore dresses, but I showed up in pants and a cami.  I wore a cardi warp to cover up my arms.  I need more day dresses in my life.  Regardless, I love this pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment