Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My special treat-to-myself...Bob Sinclar

Well I guess you can say, Lent is definitely over.  lol.  I went out last Thursday and haven't stopped since.  I told myself I'm staying in this upcoming weekend.  I don't want to get carried away on my financial goals, especially since I've been doing so well.  During Lent, I received an email mentioning Bob Sinclar was coming to Chicago.  I've followed him over the years and immediately got excited.  He rarely comes to the States and I knew I wanted to see him perform.  Last time a DJ was in town that I was curious about, I didn't act fast enough and the tickets sold out right away.  I didn't think twice this time.  I figured this would be my special treat-to-myself this month.  Lent would be over and I could finally hear this legendary dj's music!  I was excited.
Then the day came.  Things got complicated at work, and I couldn't have Friday off.  Not to mention, it was freezing again.  The whole week our weather was frigid.  I wasn't feeling up to it.  I messaged my girlfriend in Italy that I was thinking of not going.  It was too much trouble and I felt silly being out at a club at my age.  But my friend convinced to me to go.  She figured hearing some good music will get me out of my rut.  I'm on the fence about traveling anytime soon, and this would be a great way to cheer me up.  "You know you're going to have fun.  You should go."
It's moments like these I'm grateful for the friends that I have.  They do know me after all.  Plus they know what I like.  If I know I'm going to have fun, why would I opt not to go?  Believe it or not, you could be the only person who is stopping yourself from accepting joy in your life.  You can talk yourself out of having a good time.  Why?  Mostly we bring up excuses to mask what is happening, but the main reason is because you feel you should not be receiving joy, happiness, love.  I haven't been myself lately due to personal health issues, but I knew I wanted to have a good time.  I deserved it!
What I wore to Studio Paris.  I wore fleece lined leggings (lmao) and my suede over the knee boots because of how cold it was.  I wore my valentino earrings for a touch of gold.

As close I can get to Bob Sinclar.  There were people dancing everywhere so it was hard to get near him. 

He flew in for the show but was disappointed in Chicago weather.  We actually live here so we know what you mean.  lol. 

I DID have to come in the next day, but only for half a day.  Plus, it worked out for the best anyway because I had a birthday dinner to go to on Friday, (which was not far from my job).  I mingled in the crowd and tried to get up close, but people were dancing all over the place.  Everyone enjoyed the music and for the older fans, we appreciated his style very much.  In the world of EDM, it was nice to hear house music for a change, especially from Bob Sinclar.  I can now officially knock him off my dj bucket list!    

No comments:

Post a Comment