Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Let's play GOLF!

Chicago had an unbelievable weekend of gorgeous weather.  And whenever that happens, EVERYONE comes out to play!  Since we usually get a late spring, it was a nice surprise for us to feel the sun for a change.  A friend had a birthday earlier in the week, and she wanted to celebrate it by going to Top Golf.  I've never been, and was hesitant to go at first, mainly because I suck at sports.  I don't have a problem making fun of myself, trust me.  It's just that there ARE people who are competitive by nature, and the last thing you want to do is bring down the team.  They clarified that all we'll be doing is shooting balls, so I said fine.
First of all, what do you wear to play golf???  Automatically you think preppy polo shirts with khakis (which by the way, I DO NOT OWN).  I knew my friends were throwing anything on, and it's not like we were heading to an exclusive country club.  The temperature was in the 70s, so I threw on a graphic tee with jeans and opted to wear sandals for the first time this season.  Throwing on a twill moto jacket might have been too much, but I definitely did not look golfer chic.  lol.  It did get me thinking I should have more basics in my closet in case something like this happens again. 
Off we went to Woodale!  It was funny because it was the first time this particular group of friends and I went to a destination unknown.  Usually we go out on the weekends in downtown Chicago.  We made it there within the hour due to the heavy traffic.  Yet once we got inside we were told it was a two hour wait.  We decided to eat and have some drinks.  Since it was a beautiful day, we made the most of our time together.
Finally it was our turn.  Of course I sucked, but luckily, everyone else wasn't a pro either.  I DO want to get better at it.  I'm glad we got a chance to try something new and be outside.  It's a little out of our way, but I would definitely go back again. 



Strawberry Margarita!
A great day to play golf!
FOUR!
I love them...
Best filter on snap...

No comments:

Post a Comment