Thursday, April 14, 2016

Birthday Dinner Blizzard

And the festivities continue!  This weekend the weather will be warming up into the high 60s, which means we'll finally be able to enjoy the sun for a change and not freeze in the process.  We haven't had good weather in weeks so I'm pretty excited about that.  Maybe I'll go for a run again??  Who knows?  All I can say that compared to last weekend, the weather was BRUTAL. 
After my night out at Studio Paris last Thursday, the next day I came into work for half a day.  I had a birthday dinner to attend too afterwards.  I was glad the restaurant was nearby because it wouldn't stop snowing!  I made my way to La Scarola, but our table wasn't ready so we went across the street to The Dawson for some pre-drinks.  It was nice catching up to everyone.  Of course, due to the weather, rush hour, and the home opening Sox game, some of our friends were running terribly behind.  We made the most of it, and luckily, the rest of our crew walked in altogether. 


I had the linguini with clams but I absolutely LOVED my friend's dish which was the penne all vodka with shrimp and asparagus!  That creamy sauce was to die for!!  Overall, everyone enjoyed their meal.  We even brought our own birthday cake to top it off!  Too bad it started snowing again!  That was pretty frustrating...


Wore a white lace top from Express with my skinny jeans and cognac ankle boots.  I knew it was a neighborhood restaurant, so I didn't dress up.



I love them...

Happiness is being with friends...

The birthday girl! 

She's excited about motherhood!

Linguini with clams

Now that's a cake!

Cozy restaurant!  We squeezed in for our pic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment