Thursday, April 7, 2016

I DON'T NEED A VALENTINE. I NEED VALENTINO

Let's be honest.  It's hard to keep a positive attitude with the weather we've been having here lately.    Last weekend, it was cold!  I stayed in both Friday and Saturday because the temperature was too frigid plus there was gusty winds!  Sunday was the only day this week that was going to be sunny and in the 60s.  I caught up with my friends after church and we made our way to the mall like we use to do.  It's getting harder to catch up with everyone now that some of them have babies.  I know I have to find a way to keep busy and make some new friends, (which will be hard for me because I'm pretty shy).  Regardless, I am going to be busy this weekend, and will make an effort to enjoy myself out despite how yucky the weather will be. 
Since nothing much else has been going on with me, I have a funny story to mention.  Since I've been single these past few years, I've found a way not to feel so bad about my status.  I've bought special gifts-to-myself for my birthday, Christmas, and Valentine's Day in the meantime.  This past Valentine, I was eyeing a Versace ring I secretly wanted.  I never owned anything from them, and was worried about the ring sizing because it was in Italian.  I looked into the conversion, but low and behold, when it arrived, it was too loose.  I could have kept it and made the most of it, but my co-workers insisted I return the ring.  "What if you lose it?  It's not worth it if it doesn't fit right", they said.  Sadly, I knew they were right, and sent the ring back the same day I received it.  So much for my Valentine's-gift-to-myself this year, I murmured. 
Of course I couldn't let go of the fact that I didn't get something for myself.  I even started looking around for my up coming birthday in 3 months.  Then one day, I was on the outnet's website, and saw some Valentino earrings.  They were a steal!  I clicked on it and right away was notified that there were the last pair.  I couldn't resist.  I purchased it without even thinking about it!  I got them the other day and can't wait to wear them out.  Yes, I did get Valentino for Valentines, and I'm in love!  It's little splurges like these that can bring you some joy out of the blue.  I am a true believer that I can't get whatever I want, it just might take me a while.  lol.  Not to mention, it didn't compromise with my savings plan.  Now if I can only figure out how to get those rockstud heels... 


My gifts-to-myself over the years.  The vintage Chanel earrings I splurged for my 30th birthday, and the YSL arty ring I got on my 40th.  The Alexander McQueen bracelet was my Christmas present-to-myself 2 years ago.  The watch and cuff bracelet is BCBG. 

LOVE the red box!

THANKS TheOutnet!  I'm officially hooked on your website and love my earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment