Tuesday, April 5, 2016

FUN FILLED WEEKEND part 2

Back to cold weather once again.  I don't know about you, but it's starting to get on my nerves.  lol.  As they say; patience is a virtue ( I guess).  Regardless, I got a chance to enjoy the sunshine yesterday.  Easter weekend, the temperature was a lot nicer.  That Saturday, I went out for a run on the 606 Bloomingale trail and munched on Korean tacos afterwards.  By the time I got home it was around 5:30pm.  I usually clean my apartment earlier in the day, but because I stepped out for my run, my place was still a mess when I got back.  I couldn't take it.  I started vacuuming, wiping down my counters and putting away my clothes.  It didn't take me long to finish.  I figured my Saturday night would consist of jumping in the shower and curling up to my book on the couch.  I knew I had to be up early for Easter Sunday mass the next day.
Well of course that did not happen.  A friend of mine invited me out for a drink at Soho House.  I felt bad because I still hadn't jumped in the shower yet.  I didn't want him to be waiting for me since I still had to get ready and make my way down there.  But he insisted, and I DID want to catch up with him.  Sometimes you wonder about old friends.  Off I went!
Luckily the traffic wasn't so bad.  My uber dropped me off in the Randolph street neighborhood.  I found my friend and we chatted up a storm.  It was nice to reminisce and catch up on some good gossip.  You can't help but wonder about certain people.  Soho House was pretty swanky too!  It seems like a good place to start off your night.  Since I haven't been out in weeks, it was nice to people watch.  Again, I wasn't sure what to wear, so I wore my black skinny pants with a leopard blazer.  It's hard to get a feel of the new Spring trends when it's still cold at night. 
Absolutely LOVED this cocktail!  The Eastern Standard...

I figured I'll throw on a leopard blazer to spice up my black skinnies...

We went around the corner to Más restaurant/ lounge where they were going to have 90s music along with some rock n espanol.  Some more friends met up and we had a little group going.  They started to play music videos on the projector screen and that got the crowd pretty excited.  It's hard to believe some of these songs were over 20 years old!  Regardless, we couldn't help but get up and dance!  
Next stop at Mas for their Margarita de fuego!

Since I had Korean tacos earlier in the day, I passed on these but they looked GOOD!

Of course, I started to feel tired.  We've been out for a while but no one wanted the night to end yet.  We made our way down an alley and ended up in Booze Box, an underground Japanese speakeasy located in the alleyway behind a Japanese restaurant. No sign. Just sake cocktails and Kirin beers.  I passed on the drinks but they helped themselves to the beers.  
Booze Box for some beers...

By this time I REALLY wanted to go home.  I've been out since 8pm (not to mention, I DID go for a run earlier).  Somehow I was kidnapped and we ended up in the Pilsen neighborhood.  I made it inside Harbee's Liquors & Tavern but only for a quick second.  I practically ran out and found a cab on the street and headed home.  I didn't want to be lethargic on Easter mass.  I definitely made the right choice, and technically, it was still pretty early for a Saturday night.  I knew my friends wanted more, but I was done!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment